- 25 good quality, dried figs
- 25 apricot kernels or almonds
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons – melted, hot ghee
- 2 tablespoons – rose water
- Finely chop figs.
- Place them in a food processor, add honey and process until figs are smooth.
- Add the ghee and rose water (acts as lubricants) in-between for easy grinding. A powerful food processor is essential for smooth end product.
- Remove and divide the fig paste into two equal portions.
- Mold each into a ball and flatten using hands or rolling pin into equal sized rounds of one inch thickness. Place apricot kernels in rows on one round.
- Place the second round on top of it.
- Press them together like sandwich. If the cake is too sticky, few hours of refrigeration helps to firm it up.
- Cut and serve.
Dense and rich, this fig treat is a sweet mesmerizer.
[tags]apricot kernels, cooking, recipes, food[/tags]